5) The sculptural bathtub in the ensuite. Notice the small (1”) louvers on the shutters – much nicer than the bulky 3-4” ones. Do I spot a trend?
Happy Monday! Hope you had a fun weekend!
Last week, I was invited to a Blogger Preview of the Princess Margaret Lottery showhome which is now open to the public. Once again, Canadian House and Home designed and decorated the 6,500 sq’ home located in southeast Oakville, Ontario.
Here are my top 6 picks of what I loved. But don’t listen to me, do go visit if you are in the area!
1) The exterior and backyard: It was a beautiful night with music, drinks, appetizers, great company and of course the gorgeous surroundings. I love the stone and siding, the folding door system and the patio stone/grass.
2) The marble clad island with my favourite pendants and the grand wall unit/hutch. The base cabinetry is from Ikea, by the way!
3) The study with an indigo sectional (from Crate and Barrel) and silk ikat pillow fabric. Note the metal doors painted in Benjamin Moore’s Black Jack.
4) As a former yoga teacher, this home gym/yoga studio is just perfect!
6) Interior doors: I was a little fixated on all of the doors like these French doors in the principal bedroom. It would feel like you are living in a treehouse with all of the greenery outside.
And these doors to the sewing room/laundry room.
These simple shaker interior doors are a nice change from the standard builder doors which usually have a raised profile:
All photos by PCM (the builder) except the backyard, laundry room and interior door photo above taken by me.
(PS I am biting the bullet and buying a camera shortly – a real “big girl” DSLR. No more crappy pics from my point and shoot.)
You can see professional shots of the house in the October House and Home and you can watch videos here. And you can still sign up for free seminars with the talented House and Home folks here.
Also, you can read my posts on the prior year showhomes here. Yes, I am a big supporter!
Hurry up and get your ticket (I’ve got mine!), deadline for the VIP draw with the chance to win a trip to Hawaii is Sept 14th. Even if you don’t win, your lottery ticket purchase will “help conquer cancer.” Let’s make that a goal in our lifetime!
Have a happy week!