Hi there! Remember me? Hope you all had a wonderful summer with lots of time for R&R. I am back to blogging again so (hopefully) you will see more frequent posts.
Even though I haven’t been blogging, you can always follow me on Instagram to see what I have been up to and what has been inspiring me. It’s much easier to snap a photo for Instagram rather than sit down to research and write a post.
1) Like this gorgeous set from the movie The Intern being filmed now with Nancy Meyers directing and starring Anne Hathaway and Robert DeNiro. She has posted a few sneak peeks on her instagram and I’m sure we will all be talking about the interiors when this film comes out in a year. Meyers, along with her set decorators, created the stunning interiors in Something’s Gotta Give and The Holiday, you may recall.
This is a lesson in styling right here. Art, books and textiles are what I always tell clients is needed to make a home feel like a home. Don’t you just want to curl up with a book in this room? It speaks volumes about the owner which is what a home should do.
2) BlogPodium is tomorrow and I’m looking forward to being inspired to blog more with content that you will find inspiring. You can read my post about last year’s event here. I hope to see some old friends and meet some new bloggers.
3) I’m looking forward to seeing the Princess Margaret Welcome Home Sweepstakes showhome in Oakville next week. You can see the interiors here but most importantly don’t forget to buy a ticket to support conquering cancer. My dear cousin Kirstine recently battled with cancer and will be marrying her love tomorrow in Australia where she lives. Wish I could be there Kirst! Much love.
4) I always look forward to receiving the Ikea catalogue but will now look at it a little differently and here’s why.
5) I love the look of shiplap and enjoyed reading Holly’s post on where to use it .
6) This pin was pinned almost 1000 times since I pinned it 5 days ago. Must be the cottage charm and the wallpaper. It’s located in Nantucket and designed by Peg Properties and you can see more of the home, which is actually a vacation rental, here.
That’s all for now. I will be back on Monday with my BlogPodium learnings to share.
Have a great weekend! And thanks for sticking with me (if anyone is still out there!)