Hi there! Are you enjoying the summer so far? Hard to believe it is almost half over.
(this post was started over 2 weeks ago but life got in the way!)
I was away for a week in Collingwood, ON, initially for a dance competition and then we met up with my sister, kids and Mom for the rest of the week. We had beautiful weather and guess what? I conquered one of my fears. I went ziplining! If you know me, you know that I am terribly afraid of heights among other things so this was a huge deal for me. As my daughter says, YOLO! 🙂
Make sure you follow me here to see some personal photos that I don’t necessarily share on the blog as well as some snippets of my work,
1) Like these two bedrooms I worked on.
I will be getting them both professionally photographed soon.
2) Usually one of the first things that come up when working with a client on a space is to address the dreaded popcorn ceiling if there is one. Eliminating it is a messy job but so well worth it. I usually recommend a trades person to clients but if you feel so inclined to do yourself, Kate has a how-to.
3) I agree that the Pin of the week is pretty perfect.
4) Want to jazz up your Ikea furniture? Read this.
6) I’m thinking of using this gorgeous tile from Walker Zanger for my backsplash. I love the colour, that it’s handmade and you can never go wrong with a 3×6 subway tile. But I’m thinking I should choose the off-white colourway to play it safe. Thoughts? Would you go for it?
Have a great week!