Hi there! Welcome to week 5 of the One Room Challenge where designers and bloggers are transforming a space in 6 weeks and posting weekly updates. If you are new here, you can catch up on my previous week’s posts here where you can see the Befores and inspiration:
I hope you have had a chance to see what my fellow bloggers are working on – some really awesome spaces! I am working on my (soon to be a teenager) daughter’s bathroom taking it from builder basic to stylish and functional.
A lot has transpired in the past week – thank goodness. I am on track to have this photo ready on Monday with the reveal post up on Wednesday, one week from today.
1) The marble hexagon floor tiles were installed (this phone photo doesn’t do it justice.) But to say I love them is an understatement. As I have always heard, they truly do up the luxury factor in a house. (If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen these photos already – sorry.)
2) The counter and sink were installed. Because the wallpaper is bold and the floor graphic, I went with a plain off white quartz with no pattern. I had the fabricator add a curve to both ends of the backsplash for an extra detail (see below.) If I had installed tile on the wall behind the vanity, the quartz backsplash wouldn’t be necessary but since there is wallpaper, it will help protect splashes from landing on the wallpaper.
3) My Minted art arrived and I can’t wait to see these plus a few others on the walls. Art is a personal thing so I had my daughter choose the limited edition prints herself. She fell in love with the clouds and the waves – she called these “artsy” as well as some others that will make an appearance.
4) Before my electrician arrived, I cut out templates of the mirror and sconce backplates and taped them to the wall. The rule of thumb is that the center of the sconce should be around 64″ from the floor which is what is shown here. In reality, we raised them so the top of the backplate is in line with the top of the mirror as my sconce drops down from the backplate not up. They would have been way too low if we had left them like below. Hope that makes sense! (And they would have looked really silly if they were above the height of the mirror. To my eye anyway.)
5) The toilet was installed and hopefully we don’t have to keep a plunger beside it like we used to!
6) I was a bit worried about the gold finish of the knobs (see week 4’s post) as I hadn’t seen it before ordering and you can never go by online photos. I picked them up and the gold finish is perfect. Can’t wait to see how it looks on the black vanity.
Here’s what will transpire in the next five days:
1) My painter will patch and paint the walls, install new quarter round and paint that. (Everything will be Benjamin Moore Cloud White – walls and trim.)
2) The painted doors, drawers and new gable of the vanity will be installed.
3) My gorgeous matte black faucet from Brizo will be installed.
4) My wallpaper hanger will hang the paper from Decorator’s Best. Can’t wait to see this!
5) The sconces from Schoolhouse Electric will be hung. They haven’t arrived yet but are on their way!
6) Hang the luxe linen shower curtains from our sponsor Loom Decor.
7) I have been thrifting and sourcing accessories and need to pick up a few more items.
8) Hang the towel hooks and TP holder.
9) Hang the art and style all in time for Monday morning when my photographer arrives.
I can’t wait to share the reveal photos with you next Wednesday!
Now check out what my fellow bloggers have been up to:
The English Room
I Heart Organizing
Jenna Sue Design
The Pursuit of Style
6th Street Design
Waiting on Martha
Kimberly Schlegel Whitman
Trademarked by Calling it Home
Don’t forget to also check out what the Linking Participants are up to tomorrow.
Enjoy the rest of the week! Be sure to follow me on Instagram for updates and follow #oneroomchallenge to get a peek into what everyone is up to.